Learning how to manage finances is an important predictor of a family’s well-being and success! If a family’s basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter, and transportation are met they will most likely be better able to handle other stressors that come their way.
Financial literacy includes the following:
- Knowing where bank and credit unions are located and how to use them
- Knowing how to budget money
- Paying bills on time
- Knowing how to keep your personal information secure
- Knowing where financial counseling services are located and how to use them
- Keeping financial records and reviewing them for accuracy
Financial literacy will be distributed to EHS families this month – if you have questions about your finances, let your Family Service Specialist know!