Early Head StartP.A.L. (Parents as Leaders)
What is P.A.L?
- It is a parent committee that all EHS parents/guardians are members of
- It is a requirement in the Head Start Performance Standards
- It is a leadership opportunity for all EHS parents/guardians
- It elects parents to serve on the EHS Policy Council
What is the purpose of P.A.L?
The parent committee has the following minimum responsibilities:
- Parents must advise staff in developing and implementing program policies, activities, and services to ensure they meet the needs of children and families
- Ensure that the program has a process for communication with the Policy Council and Parent Committee and make sure it is within the guidelines established by the FS Board and EHS Policy Council
- The committee participates in the recruitment and screening of EHS staff