Domestic violence negatively impacts all family members and is against the law!
Did you know that:
- 1 out of every 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime
- 40% of victims of severe domestic violence are men
- 24 people per minute are victim to physical violence, rape, or stalking by an intimate partner in the U.S.
- South Carolina ranks 2nd in the nation in the number of women murdered by men
- 20-24 year old females are the most at risk for nonfatal intimate partner violence
Domestic violence is not only physical abuse; it can include, but is not limited to, intimidation, emotional abuse, isolation, and economic abuse.
Characteristics of an Abusive Partner:
- Low self-esteeem
- Extreme jealousy
- Controlling Behavior
- Unrealistic expectations
- Becoming quickly involved in a serious relationship
- Manipulation through guilt
- Verbal abuse – name calling, shaming
- Any force during arguments
- Threats of violence
If you, or anyone you know, needs help call:
National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233
SAFE Homes – Rape Crisis Coalition at 864-583-9803