Well Child Care
All children regardless of age, need regular well child checkups. Good health care creates a foundation for growth and development.
- Well child checkups are important for all infants, children, and adolescents
- A child who appears healthy may have a hidden medical problem
- Your child’s health care provider will let you know how often your child should come for well child checkups
- In South Carolina it is recommended that all children have checkups within the first week of life
Recommended ages for Well Child Checkup
- 3-5 Days
- 1 Month
- 2 Months, 4 Months, 6 Months, 9 Months
- 1 Year
- 15 Months, 18 Months
- 2 Years
- 30 Months
- 3 Years
Vaccinations are one of the best ways to put an end to the serious effects of certain diseases.
Immunizing children on schedule is the best protection against dangerous childhood diseases. Along with regular checkups at the doctor’s office, immunizations are the best way to keep children healthy.
It is always better to prevent a disease that to treat it. Vaccines can protect both the people who receive them and those with whom they come in contact.
Vaccines are responsible for the control of many infectious diseases that were once common in this country and around the world.
Over the years vaccines have prevented countless cases of infectious diseases and saved literally millions of lives.
Source: SC DHEC